Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Story So Far...

Khalil Dorsey is at a turning point of his life. He is now in his junior year and it's the time to start thinking about colleges. Before he goes down that road, let's take a look at a few of the things he's done so far.

When you first meet Khalil, he may come across as a bit shy and on the weird side. But just give it time and he'll be one of the nicest friends you could possibly have."I'll still be weird, though. That's just who I am," he says. You may also recognize him from somewhere but not remember immediately. "Then eventually, someone says 'Hey! I saw you on that Gamefly commercial!' and you'll know. It wasn't just me, it was the whole family." He's not the only one that has had face time in his family. His mom, Jocelyn, has been in movies and TV shows for over 10 years now. His little brothers, Matthew and Kyan, are both extras on the new NBC series "Chicago Fire". He's been a TV extra for the award-winning series "Boss" on Starz. And his entire family was recently in another commercial, this time for Kyocera. "It hasn't aired, though. I don't think it will and I'm almost hoping it doesn't. I don't like drawing attention to myself. It's embarrassing."

A look at a few of his other achievements reveals that he has been on the Whitney Young Math Team for 4 years and was the only student from his elementary school, Poe Classical,  to get accepted into Whitney Young in his class. He has received Young Authors awards for each of his books. And he hopes to design and customize cars in the future. "The one person I want to be like is Ryan Freidlinghaus. He's the creator of West Coast Customs and I really admire all the work that they do. One day, I want to own a company like his."

For now, he has new teachers and new classes to worry about. What's going to happen next for him? We'll all have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment